Patch 5.2 The Thunder King is now available for testing on the Public Test Realms
! By logging in you can help us test a massive new raid dungeon, a multi-faceted new quest hub, Pet Battle improvements, new world bosses, significant class balance changes, brand new pets and mounts, assorted bug fixes, and more. If you'd like to help test and provide feedback, you can start by copying your character
and downloading the PTR client
. Once you've had a chance to try things out, be sure to visit our PTR Discussion forum
to discuss the patch, and the PTR Bug Report forum
to report any issues or errors.
Please keep in mind that the below notes are not final, and a great deal could change before the final patch 5.2 release.World of Warcraft PTR Patch 5.2
New Raid: Throne of Thunder
New Daily Quest Hub: The Isle of the Thunder King.
Here players can join the assault to conquer Emperor Lei Shen's island stronghold, unlock new questlines and daily quest hubs, participate in special events, earn the right to visit the fabled Treasure Room, lay claim an arsenal of powerful Mogu artifacts for their faction, and more.
- Each faction's finest are spearheading the assault: the Kirin-Tor Offensive led by Jaina Proudmoore and the Sunreaver Onslaught led by Lor'themar Theron. Earning reputation with these new factions offers heroes the opportunity to receive new quests and reputation rewards, including powerful items and an intimidating new mount.
- After both the Alliance and the Horde have eked out a foothold on the isle, players can choose to perform quests that are PvE or PvP focused. PvP quests will direct players against opposing faction NPCs, but slaying opposing players will grant credit as well.
- As the heroes conquer the Isle, they will unlock the powerful Lightning Forge, which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past.
- Players on the PTR can teleport to the Isle of the Thunder King at their faction shrines in the Val de l’Éternel printemps. While the Isle of the Thunder King will be unlocked progressively by each realm based on participation in the war effort, initially only some of the Isle’s features will be unlocked. Future updates will include the Shipyard and the Main Courtyard. Some features, including the Treasure Room, will not yet be available.
The Legendary Quest Continues:
- Emperor Lei Shen, the Thunder King, has returned to wreak his vengeance on Pandaria. It falls to the heroes of the Alliance and the Horde to stop the newly resurrected tyrant and his Zandalari allies in the massive new raid: Throne of Thunder.
- Throne of Thunder is a sprawling citadel housing 12 new raid encounters, and players that defeat Emperor Lei Shen in Heroic mode can earn the opportunity to face an additional 13th foe.
- The Raid Finder version of the Throne of Thunder will be divided into 4 different wings.
- Join the Shado-Pan Assault in their singular drive to see Lei Shen, The Thunder King defeated once and for all, and gain access to impressive Valor reward items. Reputation with this faction can be earned only within the Throne of Thunder raid dungeon.
- Please note: During the 5.2 PTR, this raid dungeon will only be available during a limited testing window. Keep an eye on our PTR Discussion Forum for details.
New World Bosses: Nalak, the Storm Lord and Oondasta
- Wrathion must know the origin and source of Mogu power, and Azeroth's mightiest heroes will aid the Black Prince in finding out what it is. The search for information will take players into the depths of the Thunder King's Palace, and pit them against trials of perseverence and skill. Along the way, they'll unlock the secrets to a new headgear enchantment, the Crown of the Heavens.
- Please note: Initially this quest is not available on the PTR, but will be coming soon.
- Nalak, the Storm Lord
After the Isle of the Thunder King has been conquered, the gate guardian of the Thunder King's citadel will appear: Nalak, the Storm Lord. Players will frequently have the opportunity to test their mettle against him.
Buy The Farm
- Found in a place that has been lost in time, the great devilsaur lord Oondasta has been outfitted for battle with weaponry and armor by the Zandalari, and awaits players brave enough (or foolhardy enough) to seek him out on the mysterious Isle of Giants found in the seas north of Kun-Lai Summit.
New World Boss System
- Players that have grown attached to working the land at Sunsong Ranch can now purchase the land from Fermier Yoon. Once the farm is owned by a player, it becomes a rest point like an Inn, where the player can bind and instantly log out. Work orders will pour in to the farm from factions across Pandaria, and completing a work orders will earn a reputation boost with the issuing faction.
- Please note: The new Sunsong Ranch features are not available on the PTR, but will be coming soon.
- All world bosses are now Tap to Faction. This new system offers every eligible player of the same faction that engages a boss the chance to earn loot. Under the new system, players will only be able to earn loot from each world boss once per week, but bonus rolls apply. Bosses will now respawn more frequently as well.
- Cyclone now has a 30 second cooldown for Feral Druides. In addition, it will now share diminishing returns with Banish, Seduction, Bind Elemental, Hex, Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting, Gouge, Sap, Hibernate, Paralysis, Polymorph, Ring of Frost, Repentance, and Quaking Palm.
Shattering Blow now has a 1.5 second cast time to align correctly with the Warrior version of this ability.
has been redesigned. It now triggers Cat Form and grants 50% increased movement speed for 4 seconds after teleporting, and no longer activates Prowl. Protection cénarienne
now grants 100% increased healing. Régénération frénétique
now scales 10% more efficiently with attack power. Griffes et crocs
now scales 10% more efficiently with attack power.
now provides 20% more armor per Mastery rating. Récupération
now costs approximately 9% less mana.
now cost 55% less mana.
can now snare more than one target at a time. Enchevêtrement de masse
now has a 30 second cooldown (was 2 minutes). Typhon
now has a 30 second cooldown (was 20 seconds).
The Treants summoned by
now deal more damage and healing, and the
tooltip will report the capabilities of these summoned pets. Ame de la forêt
Veille de la nature
- Balance: Now generates 40 Lunar or Solar energy upon leaving Eclipse.
- Feral: Unchanged.
- Guardian: Generates 3 additional Rage per Mangle.
- Restoration: Now grants 70% Haste on the next spell cast after the Druide casts Prompte guérison.
now has a 90 second cooldown (was 3 minutes), and now increases damage and healing done by 10% (was 20%). Chasseur
- Courroux bestial may now be activated when there is no line of sight to the Hunter's pet.
- now has a 24 second cooldown (was 20).
- Tir de lien no longer has a Focus cost.
- Piqûre de wyverne no longer has a Focus cost, and its cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 60 seconds).
- Glyph of Marked for Death has been removed, and its effects are now baseline.
- New Glyph: Glyphe carbonisé. This glyph now causes Disengage to heal the Hunter for 5% of maximum health when used.
- now removes Evocation's cooldown and reduces its channeling time and duration by 50%. A completed Evocation now grants 15% increased damage (was 25%) for 1 minute (was 40 seconds) after an Evocation is completed. Passive mana regeneration is reduced by 50% only while Invoker's Energy is active.
- Greater invisibility now has a 90 second cooldown (was 2.5 minutes).
- cast by Mirror Images now deals 50% more damage.
- Improved Counterspell has been removed.
- Glyph of Fire Blast has been replaced with Glyph of Inferno Blast. Glyph of Inferno Blast causes damage over time effects spread by Inferno Blast to spread to 1 additional target.
- Vitesse flamboyante can now be triggered at will.
- now heals the Mage for 15% of maximum health when used (was 30%).
- Iceberg now has a 45 second cooldown (was 1 minute).
- Brûlure now costs 3.5% of base mana (was 0.1%).
Déflagration des Arcanes's mana cost has been increased to 1.66667% of base mana (was 1.5%).
- now deals 24% more damage, but its debuff no longer increases subsequent damage.
- Water Elemental
Freeze no longer does damage, and only provides Fingers of Frost on a successful freeze.
- New Level 60 Talent: Anneau de paix
Anneau de paix forms a 8 yard sanctuary around the target for 8 seconds, causing all enemies in the area of effect to be silenced and disarmed.
New Windwalker and Brewmaster ability added at level 30:
removes all stun, fear, and root effects, and reduces the duration of those effects if they are re-applied by 60% for 6 seconds. It has a 2 minute cooldown. Onde de chi
now does 100% more damage and healing, and no longer costs Chi, but now has a 15 second cooldown. Impulsion zen
now has a limit of 2 (was 1), now detonates when either the recipient reaches 35% health or the Impulsion zen
is dispelled, and no longer costs Chi. Explosion de chi
now does 100% more damage and healing, no longer costs Chi, and now has a 30 second cooldown.
Path of Blossoms has been removed.
Deadly Reach has been removed. Paralysie
is now a physical, non-magical effect, and can no longer be dispelled, grounded or reflected, and its base range has been increased to 20 yards. Soif du tigre
and Toucher du karma
no longer have a Chi cost. Soif du tigre
can no longer be used on targets that have other temporary speed increases active.
now has a 30 second cooldown (was 60 seconds).
DAtténuation du mal
can now be used while stunned, and its cooldown will now begin when used, not when the effect ends.
Healing Elixirs now heals the Moine
for 15% of maximum health (was 10%). Torpille de chi
now deals 15% more damage.
s now have a duration of 1 minute. Healing Spheres generated by Maîtrise : Bourrasque de brume
now have a duration of 30 seconds.
- Cocon de vie can no longer be dispelled.
- Focalisation zen, the 4-piece Mistweave set bonus, is now more responsive.
- It is no longer possible to use Thé de concentration foudroyante while silenced.
- s will now heal for 50% of their original value if they expire without being picked up. This healing will factor in relevant Mastery.
- Xuen will now fixate on the Moine's original target.
- New Level 75 Ability: Tempête, Terre et Feu
The Windwalker can summon up to two elemental duplicates that mirror damaging abilities that the Moine uses while they are active. For each spirit summoned, the Moine's damage is reduced: 1 spirit causes the Moine and the spirit to deal 60% of the Moine's normal damage, while 2 spirits will cause the Moine and both active spirits to deal 40% of the Moine's normal damage. Each spirit lasts until the ability is canceled, or that spirit's target dies or otherwise becomes unavailable.
Combo Breaker is now a passive ability granted at level 15 that grants a 12% chance to make the Moine
's next Frappe du voile noir
or Tiger Palm cost no Chi.
New mastery: Maîtrise : Frappes combo
-- Increases the damage bonus provided by
by .2% per Mastery per stack.
now increases damage by 1% per stack (was 2%), but is now improved by Bottled Fury.
now gains 1 charge after spending 2 Chi (was 4 Chi).
will now stack to 20, but only 10 charges can be consumed per activation.
A user interface alert now displays upon reaching 10 stacks of
Prêtre Contrôle mental
- now reduces all incoming damage by 10% in addition to its other effects.
- 's periodic heal now provides 100% more healing when self-cast.
- Judgment now costs 5% of base mana.
The base damage of Consécration has been increased by 789%, and it now scales less efficiently with attack power by approximately 11%.
now has a 1.8 second cast time (was 2.5 seconds). Plume angélique
now has a 6 second duration (was 4 seconds). Corps et âme
now has a 3 second duration (was 4 seconds). Glyphe carbonisé
has been redesigned. It now increases the range of Flammes sacrées
, and Mot de pouvoir : Réconfort
by 10 yards.
- Volonté focalisée now reduces damage taken by 15% per stack, with a limit of 2 stacks.
- Carapace spirituelle no longer benefits from Mastery, and now properly includes the benefits of Divine Aegis and critical effect chance.
- Extase now provides mana equal to 250% (was 200%) of the Priest's Spirit, but no longer benefits from Spirit provided by short duration bonuses.
- is now a baseline ability learned at level 68.
- Versatility has been removed.
- New Level 90 Talent: Désigné pour mourir
Marks a target and instantly generates 5 combo points. When that target dies, Désigné pour mourir's cooldown is reset. This talent has a 1 minute cooldown.
New Level 60 Talent: Cloak and Dagger
Pointe de vitesse
- Embuscade, Garrote, and Cheap Shot now have a 30 yard range, and will cause the Voleur to teleport behind the target.
now costs 30 Energy (was 50 Energy), can be used in Stealth, and always grants increased movement speed in addition to breaking snare effects, but no longer breaks root effects. Lancer de shuriken
now causes the Rogue to throw shuriken instead of autoattacking for 10 seconds after Lancer de shuriken
is used. Lancer mortel
can now interrupt spellcasting when used at 3, 4, and 5 combo points, and upon interrupt prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 4, 5 and 6 seconds respectively (was 5 combo points and 6 seconds). Point sensible
now reduces the effectiveness of healing provided by the target by 25%. Focalisation de l’ombre
now reduces ability energy costs by 75% while stealthed (was 100%).
PvP set bonuses have been changed:
- Vigueur is now the 4 piece set bonus and increases maximum energy by 50 (was 10).
- Breuvage mortel is now the 2 piece set bonus, and its effects remain unchanged.
- now increases the damage the target takes by 20% (was 16%).
- The Felhunter ability Verrou magique is now an interrupt, and no longer applies a 3 second blanket silence.
- has been redesigned. This ability is now cast on the Démoniste, and causes melee attacks that strike within the next 60 seconds to fear the attacker. When cast, the ability has 1 charge, costs 20% health to activate, and has a 30 second cooldown.
- Succion d’âme now provides an absorption shield instead of healing.
- Sombre pacte now requires the pet to sacrifice 25% of its health to activate (was 50%).
- is now a passive talent, and its activated ability has been removed.
- The passive damage from no longer has a visual effect.
- Grimoire de sacrifice now increases the damage of abilities by 20% (was 25%) for Destruction, and 45% (was 50%) for Affliction.
- Grimoire de sacrifice now provides the spell Whiplash instead of Seduction when a Succubus is sacrificed.
- Glyph of Burning Embers has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Destruction Démonistes.
- Glyph of Soul Shards has been removed, and its effects are now baseline for Affliction Démonistes.
- New Glyph: Glyphe carbonisé. This glyph increases the healing gained from by 50%.
- New Glyph: Glyphe carbonisé. This glyph increases the healing gained from by 30%.
- Onde de choc now has a 40 second cooldown (was 20 seconds), striking 3 or more targets will reduce its cooldown by 20 seconds.
- now causes a Warrior that has been reduced to 35% health or lower to regenerate 2% of their health per second (was 3%), and now generates 15 Rage over 10 seconds (was 20 Rage).
- Porteguerre now reduces the target's movement by 50% for 15 seconds (8 seconds in PvP) in addition to its other effects.
- now scales approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.
- Éclair de tempête now deals 125% weapon damage (was 100%).
- now costs 30 Rage (was 60).
- Glyphe carbonisé no longer increases the damage dealt by Bond héroïque.
has been redesigned. It now causes the Warrior to gain 2 stacks of Fulgurance (maximum of 5 stacks) when Frappe mortelle deals damage or the target dodges, and no longer interacts with . It now requires level 20 (was level 50).
- Heurtoir now deals 220% weapon damage (was 190%).
- The base damage of Heurt de bouclier and Revanche has been increased by 150%, but these abilities now scale approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.
- Maître des éléments now has a 1 minute cooldown (was 2 minutes).
- is now available to Elemental Chamans as well as Enhancement Chamans.
- no longer requires that the target be within the area of effect of Pluie guérisseuse.
- now increases spell haste by 5% and melee haste by 10% (was 5%/5%).
- Glyphe carbonisé now adds a 6 second cooldown to Purge.
- Stone Bulwark Totem now absorbs 25% more damage.
- Flametongue now increases damage by 20% (was 30%), and Explosion de lave damage by 10% (was 0%).
- Primal Earth Elemental and Primal Fire Elemental now deal 20% more damage.
- now has a chance to increase the caster's Agility for Enhancement Chamans.
- Glyphe carbonisé has been redesigned. This glyph now causes the Chaman to heal for 50% of the damage dealt by .
- 's duration has been increased by 25%.
- Démonistes can now undertake a solo adventure that culminates with the ability to change the color of their Fire spells to appear Fel green. The quest begins for those Démonistes determined or fortunate enough to have laid their hands on the fabled Le Codex de Xerrath.
- Zandalari forces have begun scouting the shores of Pandaria, searching for the perfect invasion point. The Zandalari can be found in Étendues sauvages de Krasarang, Terres de l’Angoisse, Steppes de Tanglong, La forêt de Jade, and Sommet de Kun-Lai. Zandalari Scouts can be handled by 1 or 2 players, while elite Zandalari Warbringers will likely require a full party of 5 heroes. Defeat Warbringers to gain special drops, including crafting materials, reputation gains, an achievement, and even the chance to get one of three new rare mounts!
- Galion now respawns much more frequently, but players can only receive loot from him once per week.
- Dire Horns have been added as a tameable species for Chasseurs that have learned the required skill. Aspiring Dire Horn owners should seek out clues regarding these auspicious beasts.
- Supercharge now provides a 125% damage bonus (was 150%), and its cooldown is now 4 rounds (was 3).
- Jeune fée fléchetteuse – Évanescence and Déflagration des Arcanes have swapped ability positions.
- Cafard du Néant is now a real roach and can now survive the apocalypse.
- Bandage de mascotte de combats now stack to 25 and are Bind to Account.
- Battle-Stones now have a chance to be awarded from PVP Pet Battles.
- Pets whose color schemes change each time they are summoned have returned. Older pets with this behavior now have it back, as well as some newcomers.
- Pet levels will now only display on the map when pets are tracked.
- Taming the World now lists its reward correctly in the Achievements pane.
- Level capped players will now have a chance to each Breloque de bonne fortune inférieure after winning a pet battle versus a Pet within 5 levels of the highest level pet on their team. Higher level pets will offer a better chance to earn a Charm.
- Winning a pet battle versus a team within 5 levels of the player's highest level pet will now award player experience.
- Fleeing a pet battle will no longer despawn the pet that was being battled, but doing so will now inflict some damage on the fleeing pet battle team.
- Disconnecting from a pet battle will once again respawn the pets you were fighting.
- Any pet that has been killed in a pet battle will now never respawn.
- A number of new pets can be found on the Isle of Lightning, including Rare spawn drops, wild pets, and raid boss drops.
- Elite Battle Pets have been added to the game world. These rare pets will spawn alone against an entire team. A new quest has been added to track progress as these new pets are hunted down, and defeating that quest will award the new Panda roux pet.
- Please note: Many of these changes have not yet come to the PTR, but will be available soon.
Items Sunsong Ranch
- PvP trinkets that clear loss of control effects will now also clear these effects from the player's pet as well.
- Seed bags have been added, that allow planting of crops 4 plots at a time.
- Yoon's Mailbox has been renamed to Sunsong Ranch Mailbox.
- The yield from special crops has been improved to make farming them competitive with gathering these items out in the world.
- Running the Charrue de maître across underground Virmen will cause them to pop out of the ground at 30% health and stunned.
- Wild Crops will now occur less often.
It is no longer possible for a weaker application of to overwrite a stronger one.
- It is no longer possible to refresh Inquisition to a lower duration.
- The cooldown of Cautérisation will now properly reset upon entering an Arena.