*Updated 5/13/2020- Updates shown in gold.
Four ruling powers control the Shadowlands, each of which is in desperate need of aid from the heroes of Azeroth. In exchange for your help, the Covenants are willing to share a piece of their power and access to the rewards and other blessings, boons, or temptations they have to offer.
As you level up on your initial journey through each of their domains, you’ll get to experience the abilities they have to offer firsthand—before you ultimately choose the Covenant you wish to dedicate yourself to.
- Kyrians: The denizens of Bastion, these angelic beings embrace humility and service to their order.
- Necrolords: Comprised of liches, warlords, and spies, the Necrolord Covenant calls Maldraxxus home. They make up the army that defends the Shadowlands.
- Night Fae: Guardians of nature, the Night Fae inhabit Ardenweald and shepherd beings through the cycle of life and death. It was through their aid that the demigod Cenarius was able to make his return to Azeroth during the events of the Cataclysm.
- Venthyr: Making their home in Revendreth, the vampiric Venthyr are the punishers of the unworthy, seeking to rehabilitate the sinful souls sent to them by the Arbiter.
When the time comes to ally with one of these four, you’ll want to carefully consider the abilities the Covenant will provide you. Each provides two abilities tailored to the theme of the Covenant. The first of these is the Covenant’s signature ability, which is available to all Covenant members regardless of class, race, or specialization. This ability helps you explore and engage with the world in new ways, and gives you a unique tool to help solve the problems you encounter in the Shadowlands. The second of these abilities is specific to your class, and gives you a new spell or power to use in combat.
To give you an idea of what to expect, we’ve put together a list with the Covenant signature abilities and class abilities. Please keep in mind that these are a work in progress and may have additional changes during the course of development and testing, so all abilities shown here are subject to change.
Covenant Signature Abilities
- Kyrian: Call your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity that can be consumed to restore 15% of your health and remove all Curse, Disease, Poison, and Bleed Effects. Your Steward additionally offers access to a selection of useful amenities, each once per day.
Instant Cast, 5 min cooldown. Lasts 3 min.
- Venthyr: Wend through the shadows, appearing at the targeted location.
35 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 1 min cooldown
- Necrolord: Form a shield of flesh and bone over 4 sec that prevents damage equal to 20% of your maximum health. Channeling near a corpse claims their essence to grow the shield, up to 50% of your maximum health. This is most effective against powerful enemies.
10 yd range, 4 sec channel, 2 min cooldown.
- Night Fae: Turn into a Vulpin, increasing movement speed. You may reactivate Soulshape to teleport 10 yds forward. Additional cosmetic forms can be earned and collected through a variety of gameplay. While out in the world, this effect has a 12sec duration before it wears off, but lasts indefinitely while in a rest area.
Instant Cast, 1.5 min cooldown.
Aligning with a specific Covenant provides access to class abilities that provide additional combat-oriented gameplay options that are tailored to the theme of that Covenant. Every Covenant offers an ability for each class, but note that some Covenant class abilities are still in development and are not currently represented in the chart.
Bastion Covenant abilities shown for: Priest and Warrior. Covenant Class Abilities
- Kyrian: Admonish your target for their past transgressions, reducing the damage they deal to you by 5% and dealing (175% of Attack Power) Arcane damage over 14 sec . While Shackle the Unworthy is active on an enemy, Rune spending attacks reduce its cooldown by 4 sec.
No cost, 30 yd range, Instant cast, 1 min cooldown.
- Venthyr: A heavy mist surrounds you for 8 sec , increasing your chance to Dodge by 10% . Deals (20% of Attack Power) Shadow damage every 1 sec to enemies within 10 yds . Every time it deals damage you gain 3 Runic Power, up to a maximum amount of 15 Runic Power .
1 Rune cost, Instant cast, 1 min cooldown.
- Necrolord: Sprout an additional limb for 12 sec. Every 2 sec, it deals (45% of Attack power) Shadow damage to all nearby enemies and pulls an enemy to your location if they are further than 8 yds from you.
No cost, 20 yd range, Instant cast, 2 min cooldown,
- Night Fae: (Replaces Death and Decay) Corrupts the targeted ground, causing Shadow damage over 10 sec to targets within the area. Enemies deal 1% reduced damage to you, up to a maximum of 15% and their power is transferred to you as an equal amount of Strength.
While you remain within the area, your Necrotic Strike and Heart Strike will hit additional targets. Scourge Strike and Clawing Shadows will hit all enemies near the target.
1 Rune / -10 Runic Power cost, Instant cast, 30 yd range, 30 sec cooldown.
- Kyrian: Place a Kyrian Sigil at the target location that activates after 2 sec. Detonates to deal (120% of Attack power) Arcane damage and shatter up to 3 Lesser Soul Fragments from enemies affected by the sigil.
30 yd range, Instant Cast, 1 min cooldown.
- Venthyr: Brand an enemy with the mark of the Venthyr, reducing their melee and casting speeds by 30% and inflicting (400% of Attack power) Shadow damage over 8 sec . Activating Metamorphosis applies Sinful Brand to all nearby enemies.
30 yd range, Instant Cast, 1 min cooldown.
- Necrolord: Commission a duel to the death against a Condemned Demon from the Theater of Pain. Vanquishing your foe releases its demon soul and creates a pool of demon blood. Fighting within the pool increases your attack speed by 20% and reduces the damage that enemies deal to you by 10%.
Fleshcraft treats the Condemned Demon as a powerful enemy.
Instant Cast, 3 min cooldown.
- Night Fae: Charge to an enemy, inflicting (250% of Attack power) Nature damage and rooting them in place for 3 sec . The target is marked for 1 min , increasing your Fury from Demon's Bite and Shear against them by 50% . You may reactivate The Hunt every 30 seconds to teleport behind the marked target and ignoring line of sight.
50 yd range, 1 sec cast, 3 min cooldown.
- Kyrian: Form a bond with an ally. Every 1 min , you may empower the bond for 10 sec , granting you an effect based on your partner’s role, and granting them an effect based on your role.
Guardian - Kindred Protection Protect your bonded partner, redirecting 40% of damage they take to you, unless you fall below 20% health.
- Restoration - Kindred Focus Focus on your bonded partner, replicating 50% of all healing you deal onto them.
- Balance/Feral - Kindred Empowerment Energize your bonded partner, granting them 1 primary stat for every 50 damage you deal.
2% base mana, 2.5 sec cast, 40 yd range, 1 hour duration Venthyr:
For 20 sec , Druid spells you cast increase your damage, healing, and haste by 2% , stacking. If you spend 1.5 sec idle, the Frenzy overcomes you, consuming 3% of your health per stack, stunning you for 1 sec , and then ending.
Instant cast, 3 min cooldown. Necrolord:
Command a swarm that heals (240% of Spell power) or deals (150% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 12 sec to a target and increases the effectiveness of your periodic effects on them by 20% . Upon expiration, travels to a new target within 25 yards , alternating between friend and foe up to 3 times .
40 yd range, Instant cast, 25 sec cooldown. Night Fae:
Call upon the Night Fae for an eruption of energy, channeling a rapid flurry of 16 Druid spells and abilities over 4 seconds. You will cast Moonfire, Wrath, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, Thrash, Rake, Shred, and Ironfur on appropriate nearby targets, favoring your current specialization.
4 sec Channel, 2 min cooldown.
- Kyrian: Fire a resonating arrow to the target location and fills the area with echoing anima for 10 sec . The effect causes your attacks to ignore line of sight to enemies in the area, and you have 30% increased critical strike chance against them.
40 yd range, Instant cast, 1 min cooldown
- Venthyr: Fire a shot at your enemy, causing them to bleed for (250% of Attack power) Shadow damage over 20 seconds . Each time Flayed Shot deals damage, you have a 15% chance to gain Flayer's Mark, causing your next Kill Shot to be usable on any target, regardless of their current health.
10 Focus cost, Instant cast, 40 yd range, 30 sec cooldown.
- Necrolord: Throw a deadly chakram at your current target which will rapidly deal (50% of Attack power) Shadow damage up to 7 times . Each time the chakram damages a different target, its damage is increased by 15% and you generate 3 Focus.
40 yd range, Instant cast, 45 sec cooldown
- Night Fae: Wild Spirits Summon a Wild Spirit at the target location that applies Wild Mark to all enemy targets below it for 15 sec.
While the Wild Spirit is active, each ability you use against a target affected by the Wild Mark calls forth a spirit beast to strike your target for (45% of Attack power) Arcane damage.
- Kyrian: Conjure a radiant spark that causes 75% of Spell power Arcane damage instantly and additional 29.6% of Spell power damage over 8 sec .The target takes 10% increased damage from your direct damage spells, stacking each time they are struck. This effect ends after 4 spells.
2% of base mana, 1.5 sec cast, 40 yd range, 30 sec range.
- Venthyr: Conjure 3 mirrors to torment the enemy for 20 sec . Whenever the target casts a spell or ability, a mirror is consumed to inflict (75% of Spell power) Shadow damage and their movement and cast speed are slowed by 15% . The final mirror will instead inflict 198% of Spell power) Shadow damage to the enemy, Rooting and Silencing them for 4 sec .
4% of base mana, 1.5 sec cast, 40 yd range, 1.5 min cooldown
- Necrolord: Transform into a powerful Skeletal Mage for 20 sec . While in the form of a Skeletal Mage, your Frostbolt , Fireball , and Arcane Blast hit up to 2 enemies near your target , and your spell damage is increased by 10% .
5% of base mana, 1.5 sec cast, 3 min cooldown
- Night Fae: Draw power from the ground beneath you for 6 sec, dealing (60% of Spell power) Nature damage 1.5 sec to enemies within 15 yds . While channeling, your Mage ability cooldowns are reduced by (-- 3000 / 1000) sec every 1.5 sec .
5% of base mana, 6 sec Channel, 45 sec cooldown
- Kyrian: For the next 30 sec , your Mastery is increased by 15% . Additionally, Windwalkers’ Rising Sun Kick cooldown is reset instantly, and your Rising Sun Kick reduces the cost of your Chi abilities by 1 for 5 sec . Brewmasters’ Keg Smash cooldown is reset, and enemies hit by Keg Smash take 5% increased damage from you, stacking up to 5 times . Mistweavers’ Essence Font cooldown is reset instantly and heals nearby allies for (240% of Spell power) on channel start and end.
10% of base mana, Instant cast, 2 min cooldown
- Venthyr: Opens a mirror for the next 24 sec, summoning reflections of your order's fallen Ox, Crane, and Tiger adepts every 3 for 6 sec. Fallen Monks that have mastered Style will and assist for an additional 2 sec.
Hurl a brew created from the bones of your enemies at the ground, coating all targets struck for 10 sec. Your abilities have a 15% chance to affect the target a second time at 25% effectiveness as Shadow damage or healing.
Mistweaver: Gust of Mists heals targets with your Bonedust Brew active for an additional (33.75% of Attack power)
- Brewmaster: Tiger Palm and Keg Smash reduces the cooldown of your brews by an additional 1 sec. when striking enemies with your Bonedust Brew active
- Windwalker: Spinning Crane Kick refunds 1 Chi when striking enemies with your Bonedust Brew active
40 yd range. Instant. 1 min cooldownNight Fae:
Strike the ground fiercely to expose a faeline for 30 sec, dealing (60% of Attack power) Nature damage and igniting enemies with Breath of Fire (Brewmaster) and healing allies with an Essence Font bolt (Mistweaver) and ripping Chi and Energy Spheres out of enemies (Windwalker). Your abilities have a 10% chance of resetting the cooldown of Faeline Stomp while fighting on a faeline.
- Kyrian: Instantly cast Holy Shock, Avenger's Shield, or Judgment on up to 5 targets within 30 yds (based on your current specialization).
30% of base mana. 30 yd range. Instant. 1 min cooldown
- Venthyr: Hallow the target area for 30 sec. Every 2 sec, an enemy in the area suffers (150% of Spell power) Shadow damage, and an ally in the area is healed for (160% of Spell power). Within the Hallow, you may use Hammer of Wrath on any target.
30 yd range. 1.5 sec cast. 4 min cooldown.
Retribution: Throws a hammer at your target dealing (80% of Spell power) Shadow damage, and empowering your next Templar's Verdict to automatically trigger Divine Storm
- Holy: Throws a hammer at your target dealing (80% of Spell power) Shadow damage, and empowering your next Word of Glory to automatically trigger Light of Dawn
- Protection: Throws a hammer at your target dealing (80% of Spell power) Shadow damage, and empowering your next Word of Glory to automatically trigger Shield of the Righteous
Blessing of the Seasons
- Bless your nearby party party members for 1 min, causing their cooldowns to recover 10% faster. Blessing of Seasons: Turns to Winter after use.
15 sec cooldown.
- Bless your nearby party members for 1 min, increasing their healing done and healing received by 10%. Blessing of Seasons: Turns to Summer after use.
15 sec cooldown.
- Bless your nearby party members for 1 min, causing their attacks to have a high chance to deal (100% of Spell power) Holy damage. Blessing of Seasons: Turns to Autumn after use.
15 sec cooldown.
- Bless yourself for 1 min, reducing the movement speed of enemies within 40 yards by 20%, and their attack speed by 10%. Blessing of the Seasons: Turns to Spring after use.
15 sec cooldown.
- Kyrian: Draw upon the power of the Ascended for 10 sec , granting access to Ascended Nova, replacing (Shadow) Mind Flay / (Discipline and Holy) Smite with Ascended Blast and increasing your movement speed by 50% . Upon expiration, releases an Ascended Eruption: Explode for (150% of Spell power) Arcane damage to all enemies and (200% of Spell power) healing to all allies within 15 yds, increased by 3% for each stack of Boon of the Ascended.
1.5 sec cast. 3 min cooldown
- Venthyr: Assault an enemy's mind, dealing (200% of Spell power) Shadow damage and briefly reversing their perception of reality. For a 5 sec , the next damage they deal will heal their target, and the next healing they do will damage their target. Generates up to 40 Insanity. Reversed damage and healing generate up to 40 Insanity (Shadow) / restores up to 4% mana (Disc/Holy).
40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast. 45 sec cooldown.
- Necrolord: An explosion of dark energy heals allies within 15 yards for (150% of Spell power) and infects nearby enemies with Unholy Transfusion. Unholy Transfusion deals (200% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 15 sec . Allies who damage this target receive healing for (20% of Spell power) .
0.5% of base mana. Instant. 1 min cooldown
- Night Fae: Surround yourself with helpful sprites, causing your next 10 spell casts to aid your target depending on your chosen spell.
Discipline - Shadow Mend, Mind Blast : Reduces an ally's damage taken by 10% for 15 sec. Power Word: Shield: Invigorate your target with 2% mana or 20% resource. Power Word: Radiance: Reduces the cooldowns of one major ability for all targets by 3 sec
- Holy - Flash Heal, Heal : Reduces damage taken by 10% for 15 sec. Power World: Shield : Invigorates target with 2% mana or 20% resource. Prayer of Healing: Reduces the cooldowns of one of their major abilities by 3 sec
- Shadow - Shadow Mend , Mind Blast: Reduces an ally's damage taken by 10% for 15 sec. Power Word: Shield: Invigorates your target with 2% mana or 20% resource. Void Bolt: Reduces the cooldowns of up to 5 allies' major abilities by 3 sec
2% of base mana. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.
- Kyrian: Deal (60% of Attack power) Arcane damage to an enemy, extracting their anima to Animacharge a combo point. Damaging finishing moves that consume the same number of your combo points as your Animacharge deal damage as if they consume 7 combo points. Awards 3 combo point.
30 Energy. Melee Range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown.
- Venthyr: Slaughter the target, causing (95.472% of Attack power) Physical damage. The target's anima mixes with your lethal poison, coating your weapons for the next 5 minutes. Slaughter Poison deals Shadow damage over time and steals 15% of healing done to the target. This also awards 2 combo points.
50 Energy. Melee Range. Instant. Requires Stealth
- Necrolord: Embed a bone spike in the target, dealing (60% of Attack power) Physical damage every 5 sec until they die. Attacking with Serrated Bone Spike causes all of your active bone spikes to fracture and strike your current target, increasing initial damage by 100% per spike.
10 Energy. 30 yd range. Instant.
- Night Fae: Sepsis Infect the target’s blood, dealing Nature damage over 10 seconds. If the target survives its full duration, they suffer additional damage and you Vanish from sight. Cooldown reduced by 60 seconds if Sepsis does not last its full duration.
- Kyrian: Summon a totem at the target location for 30 seconds. Your next 3 damage spells or abilities will cause the totem to radiate (50% of Spell power + 50% of Attack power) Arcane damage to up to 6 enemies near the totem and your next 3 healing spells will heal up to 6 allies near the totem for (100% of Spell power + 100% of Attack power) health . Casting this ability again while the totem is active will relocate the totem.
10% of base mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 1 min cooldown.
- Venthyr: Send a wave of anima at the target, which then jumps to additional nearby targets. Deals (45% of Spell power) Shadow damage to up to 5 enemies and restores (120% of Spell power) health to up to 5 allies. For each target critically struck, the cooldown of Chain Harvest is reduced by 5 sec .
40 yd range. 2.5 sec cast. 1.5 min cooldown.
- Necrolord: Blast your target with a Primordial Wave , dealing (65% of Spell power + 65% of Attack power) Shadow damage and apply Flame Shock to an enemy or heal an ally for (65% of Spell power + 65% of Attack power) and apply Riptide (Resto only) to them. Your next (Elemental) Lava Burst, (Enhancement) Lightning Bolt, (Restoration) Healing Wave, will also hit all targets affected by your (Elemental) Flame Shock, (Enhancement and Restoration) Riptide.
10% of base mana. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast. 45 sec cooldown
- Night Fae: Transfer the life force of up to 8 enemies in the targeted area, dealing (25% of Spell power + 25% of Attack power) Nature damage every 0.5 sec for 3 sec.
Pressing Fae Transfusion again within 20 sec will release 75% of all damage from Fae Transfusion, healing up to 8 allies near yourself.
- Kyrian: Deal (100% of Spell power) Arcane damage instantly and (144% of Spell power) over 18 sec . If the enemy dies while affected by Scouring Tithe, you generate 5 Soul Shards. If they survive, Scouring Tithe's cooldown is refreshed.
2% of base mana. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast. 40 sec cooldown.
- Venthyr: Call forth a cloud of chaotic anima that travels to the target enemy, dealing (100% of Spell power) Shadow damage to enemies within their path. When the anima reaches the target it explodes, inflicting either Curse of Weakness or Curse of Tongues and dealing (261% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 12 sec to all nearby enemies.
4% of base mana. 30 yd range. 2 sec cast. 1 min cooldown.
- Necrolord: Hurl a bolt of shadow magic at your target, dealing Shadow damage and increasing the damage of your next Incinerates, Drain Souls, or Shadow Bolts by 200% . Decimation Bolt's damage, and the bonus to Incinerate, Drain Soul, or Shadow Bolt both increase as your target's health decreases.
4% of base mana. 40 yd range. 2.5 sec cast. 45 sec cooldown.
- Night Fae: Wither away all life force of your current target and up to 3 additional targets nearby, causing them to suffer (100% of Spell power) Nature damage over 8 sec. Drain Life will also be cast on any enemy affected by your Soul Rot. Consumes 20% of maximum health when cast.
40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast. 1 min cooldown.
- Kyrian: : Throw a Kyrian spear at the target location, dealing (200% of Attack power) Arcane damage instantly, dealing additional (216% of Attack power) damage over 4 sec , and generating Rage. Enemies hit are tethered to Spear of Bastion's location for the duration.
Generates 25 Rage.
25 yd range, Instant cast, 1 min cooldown.
- Venthyr: (Replaces Execute) Condemn a foe to suffer for their sins, causing up to Shadow damage. Only usable on enemies who are above 80% health or below 20% health. The primary target is weakened, preventing up to damage they would deal to you. If your foe survives, 20% of the Rage spent is refunded.
20-40 rage Cost, Instant cast, Melee Range, 6 sec cooldown
- Necrolord: Brandish the banner of the Necrolords for 2 min , increasing your movement speed by 10% and causing Mortal Strike (Arms) , Raging Blow (Fury) , and Shield Slam (Protection) to grant you Glory. Killing an enemy grants 2 stacks of Glory. Reactivating this ability plants the banner in the ground, granting 20% maximum health and 50% attack speed to you and 4 allies within 15 yards of the banner. Lasts 2 sec per Glory, up to 30 sec .
Instant cast, 2 min cooldown.
- Night Fae: Slam the ground with your weapon, releasing a shockwave dealing (220% of Attack power) Nature damage and stunning up to 5 enemies for 1.5 sec. Enemies struck take (42% of Attack power) Nature damage every 2 sec for 12 sec and transfer it to you as 6 Rage .
Instant cast, 1.5 min cooldown.