For Warlock, we're focused on improving talent choices for Destruction and Demonology, as well as adding rewards for leveling up. In particular, we'd like there to be more viable builds for these specs to experiment with. This led to changes for the highly popular talents
. Please continue posting your feedback on these changes in this thread. Thank you!
- no longer despawns when the caster dies. When the gateway is close to despawning, it begins dissolving out of view to warn the caster and allies that they may wish to replace it.
Developers' notes: We've heard feedback that the routine of replacing your for each boss attempt can be tedious to the point of irritating. We've made a change that allows the gateway to persist through death and we'll be listening for feedback on this change.
- reverted to Limit 1. Spell coefficient reverted to its previous amount.
Developers' notes: Even without picking talents like and , Affliction was unable to keep up with their dots being active on more than 3 targets. should now be used on your priority target, which causes Malefic Rapture to do increased damage to that target.
- grants equal to the number of targets hit, instead of Haste.
- Malignant Affliction is a new PvP talent. is no longer limited to 1 target, but deals 10% less damage. If your is dispelled, you instantly gain 15% haste for 10s.
Developers' notes: With Unstable Affliction now at limit 1, we want to provide an avenue for a Warlock to be able to protect their dots on multiple targets, particularly in battlegrounds.
TalentsLevel 15 Row
- (Rank 2) is learned at level 52. deals 150% increased damage on impact.
- Havoc (Rank 2) is learned at level 54. Havoc duration is increased by 2 sec.
- (Rank 2) is learned at level 56. damage is increased by 30%.
Level 25 Row
- is now a 4 second cast. Damage increased from 100% spell power to 300% spell power. 1 minute cooldown. Causes your next Incinerate to be instant cast and generates 1 .
Developers' notes: This spell hadn't found a niche as an additional short cast time spell. It returns to a 4-second cast time, serving as a pre-pull opener spell to kick-start your damage.
- is now a 1 shard spender. Damage increased to 130% spell power (was 60%), with a 12-second cooldown. Has 50% increased critical strike chance on low health targets, and generates 1 if the target dies within 5 seconds.
Developers' notes: as a generator was not exciting enough. now provides an alternative way to spend shards, especially while on the move, and also adds burst damage in an execute window, similar to its historic design.
consumes up to 7 seconds of your
(was 5 seconds).Level 35 Row
Level 45 Row
- Cataclysm damage decreased to 180% spell power (was 200% spell power).
- renamed . While your initial Infernal is active, every you spend has a 15% chance to summon an additional Infernal that lasts 10 seconds.
Developers' notes: was too integral to Destruction's damage output, even without . It also created unhealthy gameplay in PvP. We want this talent to remain powerful and exciting, so instead of ramping damage, s can try to maximize the amounts of Infernals spawned. The goal is to provide the same fun gameplay, without being too reliant on getting a very high modifier on your .
redesigned, now causes the target to take 30% increased Fire damage from the
for 6 seconds.
Level 50 Row
- Developers' notes: This does not affect – only pure Fire damage spells. We want to try opening up other talent builds that can work with your Fire spells.
- primary target damage increased by 10%.
- (Rank 2) is learned at level 52: Now generates 5 when cast.
- (Rank 2) is learned at level 54. cast time is reduced by 0.5s, and they gain a spell to close the gap when their target is greater than 10 yards away.
- now spawn more immediately after Hand of Guldan, and 2-3 imps spawn in faster succession. In addition, if they path fail, they now teleport to the .
Developers' notes: This should both improve quality of life and help prevent purposely getting your imp stuck somewhere to prevent them from casting.
Wild Imps Rank 2 is learned at level 56. Imp energy cost on
decreased by 20%.
- Developers' notes: As a result, they can cast one additional before despawning.
- no longer sacrifices imps. Now instead drains 15% health of all active demons, empowering itself based on HP consumed.
Developers' notes: This is a fusion between modern and Thalkiel's Consumption from Legion. The goal is to give the more incentive to care about summoning other demons, and to allow for and Power Siphon to have their unique flavor be sacrificing imps.
now also adds 30% damage to your next 2 casts
demons summoned attack power increased by 21%.
reduces shard cost of
random demons summoned attack power increased by 21%.